This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Creamy parmesan garlic Brussels sprouts sauteed and smothered in a rich and cheesy parmesan garlic sauce. Elevate your Brussels sprouts with this easy and delicious side dish!
Brussels sprouts have become a favorite side dish for us! If you love Brussels sprouts try these Brussels sprouts with bacon or my roasted Brussels sprouts. If you’re looking to add more vegetables to your weeknight meal, this sheet pan meal includes Brussels sprouts. My family can’t get enough of it!
Creamy Parmesan Garlic Brussels Sprouts
These are the creamiest and most flavorful Brussels sprouts you will ever eat! Heavy cream, parmesan cheese, garlic, and delicious seasonings create the tastiest sauce. It complements the tender-crisp Brussels sprouts perfectly!
These creamy parmesan garlic Brussels sprouts are so simple to make. They are the best side dish for any dinner! I love finding unique and delicious side dishes to switch things up. I have some yummy side dish ideas for you! Make this sweet potato pilaf, this cassserole favorite butter rice.
Ingredients For Creamy Brussels Sprouts
Simple ingredients for a simple side dish! You won’t believe all the flavor these Brussels sprouts have to offer. The creamy sauce takes these Brussels sprouts to the next level. You’ll want to have these ingredients on hand so that you can make them as soon as possible!
- Brussel sprouts: Washed then cut in half.
- Olive oil: Helps to sauté a little before adding the cream sauce ingredients.
- Garlic: Minced garlic gives the garlic flavor to the Brussels sprouts.
- Chicken Broth: Adds flavor and is the base of the sauce.
- Heavy Cream: Rich and creamy sauce for flavoring.
- Cornstarch: Used for creating a thicker sauce.
- Parmesan Cheese: Grated and fresh is best!
- Italian Seasoning: Add a hint of Italian flavoring.
- Salt and Pepper: To taste!
Creamy Parmesan Garlic Brussels Sprouts Recipe
The creamy parmesan garlic sauce takes these Brussels sprouts to the next level! Once you saute your Brussels sprouts, simply make the creamy sauce and you’re all set! Easy and SO delicious!
- Sauté Brussels Sprouts: In a medium-sized skillet add the brussels sprouts, olive oil, and garlic. Sauté until almost tender about 5-7 minutes. Remove the Brussels sprouts then set them aside.
- Prepare the Creamy Sauce: Add the chicken broth, heavy cream, and cornstarch then whisk together until smooth. Add the parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Simmer until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Mix Together: Add the Brussels sprouts and toss to coat in the creamy sauce until warmed through.
Are Brussels Sprouts Good For You?
Yes, Brussels sprouts are healthy and good for you! They are in the same class of vegetables as cabbage, cauliflower, and broccoli. Tasty and loaded with so many health benefits. Some of the vitamins and minerals include folate, manganese, vitamin C, and vitamin K. They also contain fiber which is great for digestion and gut health!
Tips and Variations
This Brussels sprouts recipe is so easy to make! I walk you through all the steps. Feel free to make it how you like it! Here are a few tips to create the best creamy parmesan garlic Brussels sprouts.
- Fresh Not Frozen: It is best to use fresh, not frozen Brussels sprouts. Because frozen Brussels sprouts are already tender and soft. You can purchase Brussels sprouts prepackaged in the produce section at the grocery store.
- Size: Use medium-sized sprouts for this recipe. Choose Brussels sprouts that are all the same size. This will ensure they all cook evenly and also at the same rate.
- Saute: Take time to sauté your Brussels sprouts before adding the cream sauce. Brown them until golden on the edges. You want them tender-crisp.
- Garlic: Add the garlic towards the very end of sauteeing the Brussels sprouts. This is to prevent the garlic from burning.
- Butter: Substitute butter for the olive oil if you prefer a more buttery taste.
- Broth: Feel free to use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth.
- Cheeses: Try different types of cheeses or add a variation of cheeses. We love Mozzarella, asiago, or provolone would be delicious!
- Seasonings: If you don’t have Italian seasoning use a blend of herbs such as basil, oregano, and parsley.
These creamy parmesan garlic Brussels sprouts are best served warm and right away. Leaving them to sit for too long will result in a mushy texture. Here are some tips for storing and reheating leftovers.
- In the Refrigerator: Once cooled, place leftovers in an airtight container. These last about 5 to 7 days stored in the refrigerator.
- To Reheat: Add the creamy parmesan garlic Brussels sprouts to a saucepan. Sauté over medium-high heat until warmed through. You can also microwave them in 30 to 45-second increments until they are warmed through. Warming them up in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit also does the trick. Heat for 12 to 15 minutes.
Pin this now to find it later
In a medium-sized skillet add the Brussels sprouts, olive oil, and garlic. Sauté until almost tender about 5-7 minutes. Remove the Brussels sprouts then set them aside.
Add the chicken broth, heavy cream, and cornstarch and whisk together until smooth. Add the Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Simmer until the sauce starts to thicken.
Add the Brussels sprouts and toss to coat in the creamy sauce until warmed through.
Updated on November 21, 2023
Calories: 179kcalCarbohydrates: 12gProtein: 8gFat: 12gSaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 164mgPotassium: 472mgFiber: 4gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 1219IUVitamin C: 97mgCalcium: 161mgIron: 2mg
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.